Saturday 15 August 2009

My Very Own Beach Hut Craft Room

Well what can I say other than hooooooooooooooorrrraaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy it is done.

As promised here is where I use to create. The corner of my living room next to the fish tank and very squashed as well as taking over the floor when getting inspired. As my profile states I had taken over the xmas tree location and worried if I would be able to have a tree up this year.

Now as you know I chose my colours some time ago. A crisp clean room so white, with a turquoise and a hint of turquoise in the gloss. Well Matt bless him picked up magnolia (he was thinking of the stamps) so the room has a new nickname "The Beach Hut" The magnolia is the sand. The Turquoise the sea and the cupboard and the gloss the litte beach hut. Matt's mum offered me a blow up palm tree but I had to decline.

Well we started it our week off on the Wednesday and finished it on Thursday evening. I am not sure if the decorating or putting away all my crafty bits took the longest.

So here it is (oh and Ruth - use the worktop and how about transforming a garage :) )

Must draw your attention to the ribbon hangers. These lovely hooks were given to Matt by his mum for his birthday years ago and we just could not decide where to put them and well they fit in here just wonderfully and so useful. The shelves now have the stamps on them but when I took the photo's they were still drying.


This is the little cupboard at the end that made me think beach hut.

Well after spending a full week on a room ( a very special needed room) I now need to catch up on the cleaning and ironing etc. So going for it in style and hope to get into the room later on today to try pick up where I left off.

Take care everyone
Kate x

6 comments:

The Dolphin Inn said...

ohhhhhhh nice !!!!!! Love the colour - it is a lot like the shop, makes me feel all warm and happy, looks like a great place to create in .ps copics are back in stock - enjoy the rest of your weekend XXX

Ruth Philps said...

Its Gorgeous!! love that bright fresh creative colour it'll keep you company on winter.

Awesome display of stacking drawers too kate ...never mind the housewrok you must be itching to get in there!!

Funny you should mention a garage we have just rented one......I don't think craft room would cover the tenancy agreement though!lol!

Ruth xxx

All mixed up maz said...

Hi kate craft room is ace love the colour. maz xx

sam21ski said...

WOW Kate, what a transformation. Well at least we now know where we can find you!!! xxxx

ARTfulWings said...

OK so when can I move in!!!!!!! Your craft room looks fab Kate - very envious :O) xx

Paper Paradise said...

Lucky you Kate, you have loads of space and will enjoy crafting in there so much!!!!
See you soon!
Sue x

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10