Friday 9 October 2009

Whiff of Joy Male Birthday Card and Copics

Today I got up to another lovely day, got my ironing out of the way (by that pile does grow when your not watching it and having such fun with your crafting). I then waited for the washer repair man, yes all that washing killed the machine off. However will be able to spend more time in the "Beach Hut" as he needed to order more parts and is not coming back till Tuesday.

Went for the weekly shop, whilst my son painted the fence. Wow it is all painted now and looks so much better.

Then ran upstairs to create a birthday card for Matt's dad. I normally really struggle with male cards, but this one sort of happened quite easily. I even half way through thought that without realising it I had met the colour create challenge,

The colour combination is RED, YELLOW, BLACK and WHITE.
The optional extra - FLOWERS and CHECKS

..........so continued the colour theme into the 'oakley with slipover' whiff of joy image. (This image I got from Maz as a swop. Used a large amount of copics, more than normal. Used a punch to show more of the yellow through and turned the corner and used a yellow brad to hold it down. Edged everything with Tim Holtz distressed photo and here he is.

I tried to take better photo's but my little camera is a few years old now, however Matt ordered me a new one so hopefully the images will be so much better after it has arrived and I have played with it a bit.

Well hoping you all have a good weekend, I know I will as no washing and two more birthday cards to make.

Thanks for Looking
Kate x


7 comments:

Paper Paradise said...

You sure have enjoyed your time this week Kate and ended up getting loads of lovely cards made.
Sue x

Janiel/ janny said...

You have done a wonderful job with the colours for the Color Create Challenge!! Thanks for joining us..
CUTE CARD!!
hugs, janny

sam21ski said...

Great card Kate

Yeah my theme was vintage, sometimes my vintage turns into grungy though, but I think I did ok with this one!!!!

The Dolphin Inn said...

Awww what a cute card. love the way you used the border punch, fab colouring Kate, take care XXX

Jo Nevill said...

Fantastic card, just love how you have punched the edges.

Thank you for joining us at Colour Create this week.

Jo xxx

Deanne said...

Beautiful colouring Kate! Thanks for joining in at Colour Create!

Deanne

Chris said...

A gorgeous card Kate and such a sweet little image! Love your colouring and design too. Glad you could join us at CC this time. Chris :)

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10