Saturday 21 November 2009

Xmas Magnolia meets copics and snowflakes

Hi everyone
hoping that this finds you well and relaxed as well as enjoying your weekend break.

I got all the housework out the way this morning bright and early and went off shopping, visited a few great friends on the way home before unpacking the food and getting back to the last (yes) last card of my order. Which also meets the

Magnolia Down Under Challenge 27

A Christmas Card

I did not get around to finishing it last night as my eyes were tired and I did not want to spoil it on the copic colouring - which was all I needed to do to bag up the card.

I really enjoyed making this one, it is not vibrant but still says christmas. It is for two children so felt the magnolia skaters was the perfect stamp.

Anyway here is the finished card. The papers were in a stack that I got from a small craft shop in Grimsby called M & B Crafts (I think) passed it on a Sunday and popped in for a browse. The lovely blue pearlescent card from the Hobby House. The good old nesties for the base of the image. Lots of punched and die cut snowflakes in glitter card, the pearlescent card and one in acetate and covered in polar white flower soft. Little diamonte's from the Hobby House. The sentiment from my new Justrite kit, with the children's names carefully placed either side of the main sentiment. Used a new snowflake die cut to sit the sentiment on and added a ribbon tag to finish. I like the way the snowflake showed just behind the sentiment. I die cut, embossed and stencilled on the larger die cut snowflakes to give it that little extra. (wow all these lovely techniques that keep popping out these days, I feel like I have been storing them up for months.) Oh nearly forgot the snowflake brad again from the Hobby House.


The inside little image which is becoming quite quickly a trade mark of mine. I love it when a card's inners are created, it makes them so much more special.



And for all you copic lovers the close up of the image.



Well, I am now off back up to my little "Beach Hut" to create a Baby Girl card for a lovely young couple who have just welcomed a lovely little bundle to their family. Congratulations to them both.

Hope you all enjoy your weekend.

Kate x

9 comments:

Paper Paradise said...

Bet you are peased to have all your orders done. They will love the card. See what you mean now with the 'Justrite' stamps, clever! x

sam21ski said...

Lurvley card Kate

I see you've been trying out your new personalised stamping set!!!!

My nesties finally arrived so I've been playing with them and now I NEED some more!! xxx

sam21ski said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracey Feeger said...

what a wonderful card. Love the colours, snowflakes and the use of the Nesties looks great. Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
mwah
Trace

Sue said...

Beautifully colored image and wonderful papers. Thanks for joining us at the MDUC. Hope to see you back again soon.

Norma said...

Beautiful card. I love this Tilda and Edwin image. You've coloured it beautifully. Gorgeous paper. Incredible attention to detail. Terrific job with the card. Love it.
Thanks for joining us at MDUC.

Hugs.
Norma

stephanne said...

Awww, this is darling!! Love all the extra snowflakes and your colouring is incredible!! Thanks for sharing this with us at MDUC, I hope you'll join in with is next time around!!
Stephanne

Debbie Pamment said...

Wonderful job - these skaters are one of my faves - my DD is a skater! Love your colour combo too!
Thanx for joining us at MDUC.
xXx

Jodie from Oz said...

Kate, Your Christmas card is wonderful, I love the beautiful blues. Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
Hugs Jodie from Oz

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10