Friday 26 February 2010

Easter Card (no chucks, but feathers)

Good evening everyone,

and welcome to the weekend.   If you are like me and work all week then you will, more than likely, have been over the last few hours creating wonderful master pieces which I cannot wait to see whilst I surf blog land later (after posting this) 

Thank you all so much for your kind and witty comments on my last post, the chuck house card...... I have tried to restrain myself on this final Easter creation.  

I haven't done embossing with powder and my heat gun for some time.  This is one of the very first stamps I got and I felt it needed a little revival.  So I sort of started the wrong way around, or the opposite for me.  I used those good old nesties to cut out the oval and stamped my image, powdered it, heated it to emboss it and let it settle, whilst I then tried to think what to do next.  I found that lovely orangy yellow card and thought oh that looks easter like.  So drew around the same nestie to get that slightly larger oval.  I then went in search of some papers and found these lovely ones from Nancy Watt (daisy's, I think they call them).  

I started following the lovely sketch from Friday sketchers and then went wierd again.  I think I am having a feather fetish........................... yes three cards in a row now(oh help)!!.  This one I cut the ends off the feathers and then glued them around the back of the oval, before sticking the oval in place.  Adding this lovely flower (for give me, legs are shattered, toes aching and unable to run back up the spiral stairs to read the label of who makes these, but I am sure you all know)  I added some leaves from "Running with Scissors" that I bought today, whilst replacing my martha stewart branch punch.  You know the one that Matt broke yesterday........... (Tracey loved the appropriate comment :)  I then added some lovely little ribbons to cover the cute card thursday requirement and there you go.

So the challenges I am entering it into are

Cute Card Thursday Challenge 101 - Ribbons (as much or as little as you like) hope cute includes soft and cuddly feathers

Friday Sketchers - Sketch 91 (This was a lovely sketch to follow)


So here it is


A little bit of fluff feather heaven............................................. and not a chuck in sight :)

Anyway enough of all that, I would like to welcome Lorraine, Sue and Juanita to my little area of blog land and hope that my posts make them smile (well at least once a week)

So I now need to contemplate two mothers day cards......

off to think

Hugs Kate xx

1 comment:

Paper Paradise said...

Love the Spring colours and the all time favourite, embossing. It never fails to amaze me. x

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10