Saturday 20 February 2010

Penny Black Raining Daisy's Thank you card

Good evening everyone

I managed to hoover up all that glitter, it just seems so much doesn't it, and it gets every where and I mean every where, worse than sand.

After my hoovering I went shopping with Matt and Mike (yes it does not happen very often but Mike came shopping with us), and why I am sure you are wondering and the answer well, Matt two years ago was asked that same old question..................... What do you want for Xmas?  He had replied a model kit.  Well the model kit has sat for those two years at the side of him in the computer room.  Now I think it kept him company, not sure really.  But today and again not sure why today.  It was decided to go to the Hobby Shop in Town and to get the paint for this model to enable him to actually start on it.  Wow......exciting eh!! So dutifully the pair of them attended shopping with me..................the basket as you can imagine, received lots of new and interesting probably non needed items and the bill was a little heftier for it...... but I did get a hand in the placing the items on the conveyor and in the packing.  Mike even placed the items in the back of the car (so weird)

So off they trotted with me and my shopping in toe to the craft shop and picked up colours from the list (all of them nearly) and this was to total £30 ish.  So to resolve the cost and left overs they then between them decided that if they bought another model - then the paint would not be wasted..... so sure enough did they find one.  Whilst chatting to the lovely man behind the counter, Mike spotted a remote control small helicopter, which the man demonstrated............................ and that joined the model and paint on the bill.  My idea of traveling home via another local craft shop disappeared along with another wack of money :(               Another hobby for them - this must be a winter hobby, as the fishing is a summer one ;o 

So by the time I got home the only bits I had purchased for my crafts was some coloured paper and some acrylic paint (I was browsing heavily whilst the lads were shopping I can tell you, but nothing grabbed my attention, more is the pity).

Anyway enough of that I went up to the Beach Hut to create this little number for a few challenges and the little remote control helicopter was flying up the spiral stair case and into my quiet space, followed by Mike who was guiding it and Matt who just comes for a peek now and again. oh well......

So the challenges I am entering are





So here is the card
The green paper is from K & Co from the Hopscotch paper pad, the pink paper is Blueberry Hill by Papermania Signature pad.  The large yellow flower is from Hobby Craft, the leaves from Tilly's, the butterfly metal charm from Hobby House, the pearls from Running with Scissors, the flower charm and other flowers from our local department store and the stamp image around the edge of the main image is from a free magazine set (papermania)

A close up of the lovely floral embellishments


The close up of the metal embellishments


The close up of the fabulous copics


Well I am now off to relax on the settee, as Mike made a fry up for tea and I am absolutely stuffed. Tomorrow must try to concentrate on getting the ironing caught up and another Xmas card, although mothers day is coming up also.  Oh well we will see what I get done :)

Take care and thanks for looking.  Would also like to thank those who have left lovely comments on my site, which when you feel not so good always cheer you up

Hugs and twinkles
Kate xx

4 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

adorable card kate....love that sweet image and your gorgeous flowers.....thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxx

Shelley said...

Kate enjoy your relax you deserve it after making such a stunning card. I love it,especially all your little details. hugs Shelley

Please take a peek at my blog - thanks
http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, adorable image.
luv
Debby

Fabiola said...

superbe carte bravo pour cette belle création

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10