Saturday 20 March 2010

Male Birthday Card joins Friday Sketchers

Good afternoon to you all
Yes it is my fault that it is raining in our neck of the woods, I should have kept quiet yesterday.  Did see a snippet of sun early this morning but it soon ran away.

I would like to welcome Maddy to my little area of blog land, however maybe you should go take a look at her amazing blog madimaginations, I am truly in awe of such talent.

Well catching up on my calendar of cards, here is a card for a really good friend of the family.  Although he hasn't had time lately to visit as often as he likes too.  This will show him that we understand and do not hold his lack of visits against him.  Sometimes, life gets a little busy but true friends will always be there for you, if you know what I mean.

So this card was inspired by the lovely sketch by Claudia at Friday Sketchers, unfortunately due to the selection of other challenges at the moment, it did not fit anything else that I was aware of :( but this leaves me many more to choose from tomorrow, when I have another card to do.  Or may be not as it is also a male birthday card.  Well we will see......... :)
So this is the sketch I worked from Challenge 94
and here is the card
I used paper from a stack I got some time ago, as they all compliment each other.  I used a plain blue base paper behind each section.  The image is one that Polly (Artfulwings) very kindly passed in my direction.  I have not inked him up before and was pleased with the impression it gave.  I used my trusty glue pad and inked up a small balloon stamp and then glittered this with some glitter from the Hobby House.  I was quite happy with the overall finished look.

Here is the image coloured in those lovely copics

Well must go and sweep up in the Beach Hut as there is glitter everywhere.

Hope your all having fun crafting.

Hugs and Glitter
Kate xx

4 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful card! The birthday-bear is adorable!!
Wonderful colors and papers too!

hugs,
Jorunn

Sue said...

gorgeous card Kate, great colouring, luv the layout, sue,x

Joey said...

Hiya Kate

gorgeous card hun, love your colourwork on this little bear! I havent congratulated you on your winter wonderland post so sorry hun! hope you have a blast over with those girlies :O)

Joey.xxx

Kim Dellow said...

Oh so cute Kate, love the balloons - wonderful. Kim

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10