Monday 26 July 2010

Totally Gorjuss Wedding Card

Hello to all of you out there in blog land, and to those of you who like me are currently really enjoying the opportunity to spend time in the garden to bring it back to it's normal glory.
This meant that on Saturday I was able to get a little touch up on the sun tan, whilst cutting the grass, I took my time and did a really good job.  I then got the strimmer out and started to beautify it, however last time I used it I broke it and our Mike had repaired it - he did tell me it would not last me long. Ignoring that I did not buy another and off I went to strim the edges.  Oooops the strimmer started off really quick and whipped off the top of all those long grasses, that unfortunately did not last long and eventually it started to lick the leaves, and say hi instead.  

I gave up and waited for Matt to come home and we then did the internet search, locating a new one to our required specification. The we jumped in the car and went to B & Q.  

After waiting for some time for a customer service assistant to allow us to look in a box, I gave up and opened several until Matt was happy with the purchase, of which we then paid at a stupid self serve system before coming home.  

Can you guess I am not that impressed with B & Q's Customer Service and the self serve are just away of reducing more staff, of which they have very limited of anyway.  (OK rant over)    Anyway strimmer is perfect and grass is just the same.

On Sunday as the grass was now so tidy, it made the rest of the garden look untidy, so out came the pressure washer and all the paths, windows, and facia's got a once over too.  Happy I could then come in finish dinner and complete this card, which I did tease about on my last WOYWW post.  

Well enough of the ramblings and onto the card

This is a card requested again by my colleague who has very clear instructions on her requirements.  This time she provided the invite showing the colours.  These were black, lime green and a pearlized cream.  So here is what I created for her and which she received today and was happy with the creation.
 The card is A4 size.  The base card is white, layered with black and then the lime green to mimic the invite provided.  The top paper sorry forgot to look at what it was, but it was from the Hobby House as was the black and white flowered paper.  Both were 12 x 12 sheets and I used three of the green marl coloured one and one of the black and white one.  The letters are cut out using one of my more ornate cuttle kids die cuts alphabet kits and the flowers are made using a two paper shapers flower punches again both from the Hobby House but have had them ages.  The lime leaves are the branch punch and the brads are again lime green and from the Hobby House.  The raiser is also from the Hobby House.

Here are the inner and front rear
Very clean and simple and no fuss just as the colleague requests.

I am entering this card into the Totally Gorjuss Challenge whose theme this week is "congratulations"

well off to have my tea and start to plan for my next DT card.....oh and too make a mess as WOYWW is coming up and of course I want to score in my own little world a 10/10 on the messy scale :)

Happy Crafting all
Hugs Kate xx
 

5 comments:

Paper Paradise said...

HIya Kate, Lovely 'less is more' card, and a great colour combo. It's nice that the card is so personal, it is a special day after all. You creations are certainly in demand x

Lindsey said...

Great card Kate, i'm sure this will be loved by your collegue.
I know what you mean about those self serve things. I always end up with a member of staff helping me anyway!
Linds xx

Sue said...

Hi Hun
beautfiul wedding card,gorgeous flowers, oh i got DT work but me minds a blank!!! been up there all afto lookin n doin nowt! lol. sue,x

Karen McAlpine said...

Very sweet invitation. Nice inside too.

Debs said...

such a pretty card
Thanks for joining us at TG...Debs x

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10